Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12.5 Weeks

Baby 'A' #2 is growing and healthy! We had an ultrasound today. ...

Ultrasounds are kinda rough on me. This is the gestation where we were told Russell was going to have major chromosomal abnormalities. So I was rather stressed and nervous. On one hand the scans are so cool? Especially when they are still so tiny you can't feel them moving yet. But from the past, they just scare me the whole time I am laying there. Wondering. "Why is the tech still concentrating in this spot?", "Does she see something abnormal? Am I going to have to sit through 30 minutes and just wonder until I see the MD who can discuss the results with me?" So I was very thankful to have Vicki with me today. She entertained Russell and was able to talk to Russell about what was on the tv screen and I hand a hand to hold. Russell was rather uninterested in the boring tv show! 
This weekend I started to feel much, much better. I don't know if it was just knowing I was leaving the 1st trimester or if their really was a change in hormones, but either way I am very thankful. I don't have that extreme fatigue-I despise that part! It is like it just lifted and went away overnight! My anxiety is practically absent. I guess it is really true-the 2nd trimester is the best. I still have major skin disturbances, though. That's ok-I'll take that over being tired any day!

4 comments:

  1. Sure is fun to see my little niece or nephew's little face and hand! So glad the appointment went well and that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love seeing ultrasound pics and am so happy that you are feeling so much better. It is hard to believe how fatigued you can actually feel in the 1st trimester. See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete