Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Santa Barbara

Grandma and Grandpa Rucker being charmed by their Grandson-not hard to do!
"Grandma" JoAnn getting some love in at lunch before we all head home after the wedding.

Crazy baby on the plane. He wore us out! Funny story, too long to describe. I'll let you insert your insert your imagination. Here is a condensed version. I'll set the stage: It was an amazingly long, super, super long weekend. Russell (and thus us) slept maybe 3 hours total the first night in the hotel. He was non-stop crawling all over us all-the-way to Seattle on the airplane. Crying and whining. We barely (as in like literally 5 minutes) made our connection to PDX (the last one of Sunday night and we both had to work Monday morning). It is like 9pm at this point. We had just left 70 degree weather (we were all dressed in shorts and flip flops and if you know Horizon Air, you know we are walking outside to catch the planes-awesome) and the California beaches I love and my family to land in Seattle where it is freezing and soggy wet.
We started to take off and Russell pooped. A big, stinky one. We laughed so hard, mostly from delirium. I was perfectly happy waiting until we landed to change him (the whole 30 minute flight). I am a nurse, I can handle a little whiff of poop, especially my own son's. poop. I was NOT about to use the bathroom/changing table on the plane. I purposely dehydrate myself when flying just to avoid using airplane/airport restrooms. Brian decides he is gonna change Russell in the bathroom. On the plane. And he did. With the door to the bathroom closed. I have no idea how. I can't even fit in there by myself, let alone with a baby to change! Needless to say Russell had a clean tush for the remained of the ride to PDX. I am certain the crew and the passengers were also grateful for Brian.
Clearly Russell could careless. As long as he could continue to play/chew on his flashlight, poopy diaper or not!
Until our next flying adventure....
We do have one coming up in July..... a much longer flight to Alaska. Russell will be walking by then. EEEKKK!!

1 comment:

  1. Russell does look a little "Crazy" in the airplane pic :) Great pic of you and Russell in Cali. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete