I had just returned home from work and taken my usual shower to rid myself from the hospital germs. I slipped into my around-the-house-cozy-clothes and fed Russell his afternoon bottle. He was so tired he crashed on my shoulder. He fell asleep-hard. He even left a drool puddle! I thought, "well I better go put him in his crib; I have laundry to do, dinner to make, a house to clean and...." I stopped. I looked at this precious moment and decided to just sit. So we did. For 40 minutes. By our lit up Christmas tree. My heart was so filled, it was bursting. I am so glad I decided to enjoy this moment because this little man is getting very close to crawling. So I know it will only be a matter of time before he is far too busy to snuggle with me. If only I could find a way to bottle this moment and this feeling in time. This is what being a mom is all about for me.
So, so sweet Emily! And way to go, turning down the "to-do list" for cuddling your sweet little boy! It's hard to do sometimes and sometimes you can't actually do it, so enjoy it when you can!! You're a good Mom!!
ReplyDeleteYou look pretty good for being "naked". :) And that Russell! I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth!! So precious...way to enjoy the moment! Also, Love the family pic on the blog!
ReplyDeleteBefore I read the bottom, I thought "Man, that's a beautiful pic of Em!"...
ReplyDelete;-)
Good for you! The dishes and laundry can always wait... a little longer at least! So sorry we missed you guys while we were in Oregon, although the Thanksgiving snow WAS beautiful! Hope to make it back up again soon. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, I was going to say the same thing Leah said! Beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteSo true, it goes SO FAST, it just slips through your hands. So cuddle that baby lots before he's a toddler and on to "big boy"...