The day Brian and I found out I was pregnant, the name game began. I naturally assumed I was having a girl. What on earth would I do with a boy!? I never had much experience with those around. My closest cousins were all girls. So I just figured a girl was the obvious course for the beginnings for our family. Well, turns out we were having a boy. Brian immediately wanted to name him Russell Barry. Russell to honor his grandfather and Barry to honor both of our dads.
Great grandpa Russell was down visiting from Alaska last week and the two met face to face for the first time. What a joy to see.
(Brian wrote a very sweet letter to his grandpa Russell explaining all the reasons why he wanted to name his son after him. It is in Russell's baby book. I didn't think Brian would like it too much if I posted it on the blog, sorry. It's a rather large tear jerker anyhow!)
What a great picture - and a fun day for the "Russells".
ReplyDelete